Thursday 22 August 2013

Congratulations to all of the MV16 Arts students on their recent exam results!

Apologies for the delay in this post -
I've got an abscess on my tooth & have been in such pain I couldn't even think straight.
 
Congratulations to all of the students from MV16.  The Arts students really did the staff & themselves proud! (Boy are we so very, very proud of all of them).  There are so many amazing achievements, too many to mention - but several students gained more than one A* in their Art & Design related subjects, that is an amazing reflection of their gritted determination to succeed, but also their innate creative ability.  An A* truly reflects a sustained approach, but also an incredibly high level of creative skill.


 
Anyone who has sat in one of my lessons they will know I am a 'skills & techniques' freak.  I love developing and perfecting a wide variety of skills/techniques for my own personal work, & I have never lost the excitement of actually using my hands to create something.  Additionally, I love teaching skills and techniques & then watching my students manipulate and expand their own ideas with a more considered approach.  Students often 'seize my imagination' by applying their own fresh & creative way of working a technique & as a result I learn from them too.  Eureka moments!

 
 
The following images are several examples of some of the excellent up & coming AS talent.  Many of these students have received their AS grades last week & are now progressing onto the A' level programme of study.  These portraits are from 'Unit 1' - where the students explored the exciting theme of 'Portraits'.  I think all of these portraits are stunning, there are many more, too many to upload today.  Painting the human form (especially the portrait) is one of the most challenging tasks an art student will face - these were completed in their first term at MV16 - 'Miss S'& myself taught every student a range of appropriate painting skills to enable the students to achieve these stunning outcomes. 
 

 I've lots of new ideas for the coming year, & have spent time over the summer visiting places to gather valuable resources/photographs to inspire all of the new Art & Design students for 2013/14.  I'm looking forward to sharing some of these with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment